Cyprus has become an increasingly attractive maritime centre especially the last decade having the 10th largest merchant fleet and the 3rd largest within the European Union.
At ASC we have gained a broad experience in shipping, maritime and admiralty law representing, among others, shipping companies, ship-owners, yacht-owners, ship-management companies and other shipping-related companies providing comprehensive advisory and a wide spectrum of legal services.
Our Shipping Department, staffed by expert shipping lawyers, specializes in providing comprehensive registration and advisory services for the shipping and maritime industry in Cyprus. Our expertise is particularly strong in ship and yacht registration in Cyprus, facilitating the Cyprus Tonnage Tax system, and offering a suite of legal and advisory services tailored to the Cyprus maritime sector.
With a steadfast commitment to precision and compliance, our team is well-equipped to handle the complexities of maritime registration and legalities. Whether you need guidance from skilled shipping lawyers or assistance with ship and yacht registration in Cyprus, we invite you to contact our team for detailed support and to leverage our specialized services.
Our areas of work include:
- Registration of Shipping-Companies & Administration services – SLCs
- Registrations of Vessels, ships, yachts, and Small Vessels – at the Shipping Deputy Ministry of Cyprus
- Registration of Ships and Companies to Cyprus Tonnage Tax System
- Registrations under Cyprus Flag and Registry Amendment Services at the Shipping Deputy Ministry of Cyprus, such as deletion or transfer of ownership, certificate requests, amendment of ship’s name and specifics
Legal, Advisory & On-going Services
- Authorized Representative Services in Cyprus
- Advisory, Negotiation, and Drafting of Ship Sale & Purchase Agreements (SPA) and other-shipping related agreements (i.e., lease-finance, Ship-management, affreightment, Pool agreements)
- Seafarers’ Employment Contracts Preparations (master and crew members) & ITF Agreements
- Advisory on Maritime Security and Safety Legislation in Cyprus
- Advisory on Tonnage Tax, Corporate Tax, Seafarers’ Employment Tax
- VAT Planning – Cyprus Yacht VAT Scheme
- Chartering Services (bare-boat, time, and voyage parties)